- This event has passed.
Bake Banana Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits with Chef Rob!
May 12 @ 4:30 pm
Cook and bake along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Please RSVP below and a Zoom link will be sent to you shortly.
Today, Chef Rob will be baking Banana Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits! Watch as Rob bakes this treat for your four legged friend(s) and bake along with him! You will have a ball !
Below are the ingredients:
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, plus more for your work surface
¼ cup whole oat
1 ripe banana
1 large sweet potato, baked
1 large egg
- Scoop the flesh from your baked sweet potato and put it into a large bowl with the banana
- Mash them together using a potato masher or fork
- Add the flour, oats, and egg
- Mix until it comes together and scoop out onto a well-floured work surface
- Knead the dough on your floured surface until it is no longer sticky and pat into a ¼ inch thick square
- Using a sharp knife, cut the treats into small pieces or use your favorite cookie cutter to press the treats out
- You may need to add more flour as you work because the treat dough is very sticky
- Transfer the cut out treats to a parchment lined baking sheet and heat your oven to 300 degrees F
- Bake the treats for 45-60 minutes and then let them stay in the turned off oven to completely cool and dry out for an additional hour
- The treats are more chewy than crispy and if you want a crunchier treat, bake them for slightly longer
- Store treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze to keep fresh