- This event has passed.
“Bake Greek Yogurt Apple Blueberry Bread” with Chef Rob
June 9 @ 4:30 pm
Cook and bake along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Please RSVP to this event below and a Zoom link will be sent to you shortly.
Today, Chef Rob will be baking Greek Yogurt Apple Blueberry Bread! Watch as Rob bakes this treat and bake along with him! You will have a ball ! Below are the ingredients.
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
6 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup shredded apple (approximately one apple)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan
- Whisk the oil. Honey, egg, yogurt, vanilla and apple together in a medium bowl until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and blueberries
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined (avoid overmixing)
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes (the bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean – loosely cover with aluminum foil if the top of the bread is browning too quickly)
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving
- Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 5 days