- This event has passed.
Make Grandma style spaghetti pie with Chef Rob!
January 6 @ 4:30 pm
Cook along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Today, Chef Rob will be making Grandma style spaghetti pie! Watch as Rob makes this yummy dish and cook along with him!
Below are the ingredients:
GRANDMA STYLE SPAGHETTI PIE
By: Simply Creative Chef Rob Scott
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and extra for drizzling
1 raw egg
1 pound mozzarella cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
2/3 cup and ½ cup good quality tomato sauce
5 tablespoons melted butter
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ tsp kosher salt
6 Basil leaves
- Boil spaghetti in salted water and cool
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until transparent
- In a large bowl, add spaghetti, onion, and garlic mixture, 1 egg, melted butter, 2/3 cup of sauce, parmesan cheese, ricotta, 8 ounces mozzarella, and kosher salt
- Using your hands, mash the mixture until it becomes a packing consistency
- Pack mixture into 2 9” pans (sprayed)
- Top with 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- Using a tablespoon, dollop the remaining tomato sauce over the spaghetti pies
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese
- Drizzle a little olive oil top
- Sprinkle top with a pinch of kosher salt
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes
- Let sit for 5 minutes and top with fresh parsley and basil
***Additional mix-ins – sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, cooked ground beef,