- This event has passed.
Make Irish Soda Bread with Chef Rob !
March 17 @ 4:00 pm
Cook along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Today, Chef Rob will be baking Irish Soda Bread! Watch as Rob bakes this festive treat and bake along with him! You will have a ball !
Below are the ingredients:
IRISH SODA BREAD
By: Simply Creative Chef Rob Scott
Yield one loaf
NOTE: Cook on lower oven shelf, if browning too quickly place a piece of foil on the rack above
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup raisins
1 ½ tbsp. caraway seeds
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Using a fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal
- Add raisins and caraway seeds and toss lightly
- Add buttermilk and toss mixture with a fork until all dry ingredients are moistened
- Dough will be very soft. Form dough into a ball and lightly knead on a floured board for 30 seconds or until smooth
- Shape dough into ball and place on a cookie sheet
- Cut a ¼ inch deep “X” with a sharp knife on top
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden