- This event has passed.
Make Mexican Lasagna with Chef Rob !
February 24 @ 4:30 pm
Cook along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Today, Chef Rob will be making Mexican Lasagna! This lasagna can be vegetarian or for meat lovers! Watch as Rob makes this delicious dish and cook along with him!
Below are the ingredients:
By: Simply Creative Chef Rob Scott
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 lbs ground round
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
½ red onion, chopped
1 – 15 oz can black beans, or cannellini beans,Pinto beans
1 cup medium taco sauce or 1-14 oz can stewed tomatoes or salsa
1 cup corn kernels
8 – 8 inch flour tortillas
2 ½ cups shredded cheddar or Jack Cheese
2 scallions, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add tbsp olive oil
- Add chopped meat
- Season with chili powder, cumin, red onion
- Brown the meat and add taco sauce/stewed tomatoes
- Add black beans and corn
- Heat mixture through about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste
- Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining olive oil
- Cut tortillas into half and place in pan
- Build lasagna with layers of tortillas, meat, beans, cheese and build again
- Bake lasagna 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly
- Top with scallions