- This event has passed.
Make Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Quesadilla with Parmesan Crust with Chef Rob !
March 3 @ 4:30 pm
Cook along with Chef Rob Scott, a Chef and Baker from Long Island. Rob has been a head chef For over 20 years and was also a private chef. He has done cooking classes with Valerie Bertinnelli and Giada. We hope you will join in and learn from our new chef at our Library.
Program appropriate for Kindergarten and up.
Today, Chef Rob will be making a mozzarella, tomato, and basil quesadilla with Parmesan crust !
Watch as Rob makes this delicious dish and cook along with him!
Below are the ingredients:
Ingredients: Serves 8 – 12
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 oz finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 9 – 10 inch flour tortillas
8 oz mozzarella, coarsely grated
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and Parmigiano
- Spread this on one side of each tortilla and set the tortillas on a work surface, buttered side down
- Distribute the mozzarella among the tortillas, covering only half of each and leaving a 1-inch margin at the edge
- Follow with the tomatoes and basil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper
- Fold the tortillas in half to enclose the filling, creating a half-moon
- In a 10 – 12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook two of the quesadillas, covered, until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes
- Uncover, flip and cook until the second side is golden brown and the cheese has melted completely, about 2 minutes (watch carefully as the Parmigiano curst can burn easily – lower the heat if it’s getting too dark)
- Transfer the quesadillas to the oven to keep warm (up to 30 minutes) and repeat with the remaining two quesadillas
- Cut the quesadillas in half (or smaller wedges if serving as an hors d’oeuvre) and serve