- This event has passed.
Physical, Emotional, and Financial Safety: What You Need to Know Now
June 16 @ 10:00 am
The last year has been tough for many of us. We may be prone to others – both strangers and people we know well – playing on our emotions or physical limitations. In the spirit of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, we are presenting a useful tool kit so that we can become more resilient during these challenging times.
This presentation draws on the expertise of our five co-sponsoring organizations:
• Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services
• Westchester Library System
• Office of the District Attorney – Westchester County
• Office of the New York Attorney General
• Pace Women’s Justice Center
We will discuss how the pandemic has created new opportunities for scams and abuse and present advice and guidance on four topics:
• How not to become the victim of a scams and frauds that target older adults
• Recognizing when people close to you may be victimizing you
• What to do when you think you may have been a victim
Register for this free event here